Can you believe this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must say I chuckled at first in disbelief at what I was reading. Im appalled someone would do that with the fish still in the tank! Im also upset that I do not live in or am currently visiting florida, as I would have a brand new 50 gallon fish tank!! I saw an ad like this in muncie (minus the fish) and was tempted to drive down to get it.

I am trying to find a ride to get it right now but i dont believ it is gonna happen.

Wow, that's absolutely sickening. What if he had a dog that couldn't fit his vehicle, would he just tie it to a tree? Hopefully this person had a shred of compassion and placed the fish under some shade so they wouldn't overheat before someone could pick it up.

i dont see why people get so shocked over this stuff? look at all the betta bowls flat screen tanks..... to many fish are not pets but furniture.

I am glad people continued to be shocked, rather than just give up and accept cruelty and stupidity as normal.

i dont see why people get so shocked over this stuff? look at all the betta bowls flat screen tanks..... to many fish are not pets but furniture.

Ya, i guess your right. That is why i don't put bettas in anything less then a 10g. But I hate how people treat animals, no matter how small.

I am glad people continued to be shocked, rather than just give up and accept cruelty and stupidity as normal.

+1, the instant you start not being shocked the instant we start giving up on trying to fix it.

UPDATE: I could not get a ride to get them.I am hoping someone saw the add or saw the tank on the side of the rode and picked it up for themselves. Not looking at the fish factor, that really stinks that i could not pick it up. A 50g breeder is almost never seen down where i am.

That is a crazy add. I agree with mystery....I am always shocked and am glad some people have not given up believing that there are bigger hearts and accepting animal cruelty in any form.

read the newspaper and see the way we treat each other...

...can you tell I lost faith in the human race ages ago?

He'll likely get a fine for that. I'm almost certain trash collection wouldnt pick it up. And theres bound to be at least one concerned citizen that would report him. Unless he's moving from an apartment building in which case he probably got away scott free.

Also, that comment about leaving a dog tied to a tree... I used to volunteer at the Humane Society and thats one of the most common way's pets are found. People tie them up to a random tree and just move away. More often than not they arent even left a water dish. Its a pain in the A$$ because the dog will then get an abandonment issue which really inconvinences the new owner if they're lucky enough to be adopted.

Back
Top Bottom