Canister filter problem/question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlecFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all.

I currently have a 75 gallon planted, with a couple schools of fish.

I'm running an aquatop cf500 (sunsun equivalent) and that's it. I have an eheim 2236 ecco pro. Which is being put out of use because it's purging out air every second. I'm not able to find the leak. I feel like there might be a hairline crack in the intake connector, the part that connects the tube to the canister itself.

I'm not sure if its fixable so I'd like to hear feedback on that.

I recently found a guy whose selling his marineland c530. It looks a lot like the Aquatop I have now. I'm sure it doesn't put out the said 530 gph but it still might be to much.

I was curious to see if it would be best to attempt to fix the eheim I have now, there's no guaranty that I can fix the problem. Or buy the used marineland for $100. It's not that bad of a price but, with me being in high school and not having a job at the moment it could be pretty significant to me.

The eheim ecco puts out about 250-300 gph and when it was running put out the same amount of flow as the aquatop. I'm noticing now that I'm getting a lot of suspsended particles in the water. Due to the lack of having a secondary filter.

For sealing o-rings on the intakes and outakes on the canister itself is using regular old petroleum jelly fine or should I use something else?

Back
Top Bottom