Canister filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyR6Rocks

Aquarium Advice Activist
The time has come to change out the media in my canister filter. It has different trays,so I use biochem zorb in the bottom tray them chemi pure in the second one up, then ceramic rings above that. My plan is to change the media and wash the inside of the canister. My question is should I wash the rings out too? This is where my bb build up I'm guessing, but I know it's gonna be "dirty" I also have a month old fuge with live rock & chaeto that I'm not touching. Thanks in advance

canister filter

I also have a canister filter, fluval 404 on my 65 gal tank I never clean the ceramic rings I only change the fluff and use 2 packs of chemi-pure every 3 months and have no issues , and that is all the filtration I have,

The time has come to change out the media in my canister filter. It has different trays,so I use biochem zorb in the bottom tray them chemi pure in the second one up, then ceramic rings above that. My plan is to change the media and wash the inside of the canister. My question is should I wash the rings out too? This is where my bb build up I'm guessing, but I know it's gonna be "dirty" I also have a month old fuge with live rock & chaeto that I'm not touching. Thanks in advance

Yes, wash the rings with aquarium water. That's what most manufactures recommend.

Back
Top Bottom