canister filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madcurlyq

Aquarium Advice Activist
should i use a canister filter for my 29gal? i would like customizable media so which brand? and if i shouldn't use a canister filter...what should i use?

You don't have to, but if you have the money then go ahead. I like Eheim Eccos, but any brand will work. Try to have a flow rate of 2-5x your tank volume.

--Adeeb

An aquaclear is also another good option. I'm looking at the 50 or 70 right now for my new 20g. It's a solid filter with lots of media options.

Just another option. And they are really quite quiet. :)

should i use a canister filter for my 29gal? i would like customizable media so which brand? and if i shouldn't use a canister filter...what should i use?

A canister filter would work fine ... I have a fluval filter and for your size I recommend Fluval a 305. Eheim is another brand you could consider.

A canister filter would work fine ... I have a fluval filter and for your size I recommend Fluval a 305.

I'm also a Fluval guy, so the 205 or 305 would be great for a 29g. I prefer canisters over HOB's for performance, easy maintenance, and lower operating noise but the downside is cost.

ya they are pricey but in the long run i think its worth it

Back
Top Bottom