Canister pump VS over the back marine land ( I think)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candi1990

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have 2 over the back pumps (marine land I think) with carbon filters and the rolling filters. Sorry I am not an expert here so I don't know the proper names.

I found a great deal on a fluval 405 (very good deal) should I switch over? Is it worth the trouble? Is the canister pump better than the other kind?

I currently have 2 over the back pumps (marine land I think) with carbon filters and the rolling filters. Sorry I am not an expert here so I don't know the proper names.

I found a great deal on a fluval 405 (very good deal) should I switch over? Is it worth the trouble? Is the canister pump better than the other kind?

Why not just keep the HOBs (hang on back) filters and add the 405?

I have a 40 gal that i need a pump for. And with 4 tanks i will eventually need another one so if i invest in the canister pump i will use the others OR i will just buy another over the back kind for the 40.

I have a 40 gal that i need a pump for. And with 4 tanks i will eventually need another one so if i invest in the canister pump i will use the others OR i will just buy another over the back kind for the 40.

If its a good deal go for it. You can never have too much!

Im new to the hobby. Put in a fluval 305 on my 55 gallon tank. Love it. It's worked perfectly for me so far. Never dealt with the HOB filters. Sure that will come down the road!

Back
Top Bottom