cannibal RCS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nedge85

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do rcs eat there dead? Iv just got up to find a casualty in my rcs tank, i turned round to grab my net, turned bk and " another seems to b trying to eat him "

Thats ik then, i scooped ine the other unaware but always seemed 1short still, they wer obviously hungry

It's also important to make sure you can tell the difference between a dead shrimp - and a shedding of skin from a living shrimp. Shrimp actually benefit from being allowed to eat their skins that they shed, because it will replenish minerals for them.

Thats ik then, i scooped ine the other unaware but always seemed 1short still, they wer obviously hungry

They don't consume the dead due to hunger. They consume the dead to keep the bacteria levels in their environment as safe as possible. It's a self-preservation mechanism, not a cannibalistic tendency.

I guessed that, but reality is never as fun as imagination

What do you feed rcs? Agae wafers or flakes would work right?
btw nedge85 that wa funny lol

I feed them Fluval Shrimp Granuals and the occasional flake food (although becarful of copper content). I will say that the Immigrant snails tend to eat more of the food than the shrimp, but the shrimp are having plenty to eat as Im swapping artificial plants between the shrimp and fish tanks do loads of algae.
Mine hate algae wafers

I feed them Fluval Shrimp Granuals and the occasional flake food (although becarful of copper content). I will say that the Immigrant snails tend to eat more of the food than the shrimp, but the shrimp are having plenty to eat as Im swapping artificial plants between the shrimp and fish tanks do loads of algae.
Mine hate algae wafers
Oh ok. but will they eat flake?

Yeah they will, just be careful of the copper content

Back
Top Bottom