Canopy Bracket.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacoeater

Aquarium Advice Activist
What brackets do you guys use to hold up the lid on a canopy? Not talking about the hinges, but the ones that go on the inner side and latch the lid open when raised. Where do you buy them in the USA?

Thanks.

Check out my 40g breeder build thread located in the reef getting started section. Theres a picture of how im installing my lights under the hood.

Toy box hinges can be used but the humidity takes its toll. You can also just make a brace type system. I have made some in the past that had a 1/2 inch dowel recessed inside the bottom and top portion of the canopy. A strip of wood or cutting board is cut and 1/2 holes drilled on the ends. You open the canopy then slide the strip onto the dowels to hold it open. Most of the time the canopies are close enough to a wall I don't worry about support and just open and use the wall.

If no wall to support a piece of plastic chord or rubber coated chain can be used but you may have to construct a little "catch" bucket.

Toy box hinges can be used but the humidity takes its toll. You can also just make a brace type system. I have made some in the past that had a 1/2 inch dowel recessed inside the bottom and top portion of the canopy. A strip of wood or cutting board is cut and 1/2 holes drilled on the ends. You open the canopy then slide the strip onto the dowels to hold it open. Most of the time the canopies are close enough to a wall I don't worry about support and just open and use the wall.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/TravisH/media/IM000837.jpg.html

If no wall to support a piece of plastic chord or rubber coated chain can be used but you may have to construct a little "catch" bucket.

That's a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom