Cant find my peppermint shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bkmrsteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had three peppermint shrimp, got them about 2 weeks ago along with a six line wrasse and two baby clowns.

There is one I still see, and has become very confident in the tank. Although I have been unable to find the other two for over a week. I did find the molted shell of a shrimp, but thats it.

Don't think the wrasse killed them, do yall?

Six line wrasses are pest eaters and a crustacean may have been a nice treat for all that work. How big is the wrasse?

You would be surprised what even a single baby puffer can do to shrimp.. The fact that you have one that has molted already and is a bossy little one kind of suggests to me that he might have befriended your wrasses and devoured the other 2 and is now strong enough to fight off the same wrasses. Darwin and his lovely take on life:cool:

bettaowner said:
Six line wrasses are pest eaters and a crustacean may have been a nice treat for all that work. How big is the wrasse?

He is about 1,1/2", not big, Just got them all. The shrimp are almost as big, dont see how he could eat the thing.

There are so many hiding places, im really hoping they are just in the rocks.

Peppermint shrimp are cryptic. I have 7 in my 75 G, and the only time I see them is at night and feeding time. Just feed a little bit of food when the lights go out, and they should come out.

Lionfish210 said:
Peppermint shrimp are cryptic. I have 7 in my 75 G, and the only time I see them is at night and feeding time. Just feed a little bit of food when the lights go out, and they should come out.

I look for them at night, only find the one...

I never see my peppermint shrimp. I'll go without seeing them for months, and my six line wrasse leaves them alone. They are notorious for disappearing. I bet they're fine and you'll find them later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom