can't get clowns to eat HELP......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nels22

Aquarium Advice Activist
just got clowns in the tank lastnight and they won't touch anything i put in there, tried mysis shrimp, bio blend, omega one.......any suggestions?

starve them until tomorrow. They are probably too "whatever" to eat. Like us females, if we are nervous, upset, teary eyed, too happy, it doesn't matter, we aren't able to eat. When the new wears off they should be fine. They will be hungry tomorrow. Tried frozen bloodworms, mine go crazy for the stuff.

they will often go a few days without eating after being put in a new environment. Try to resist the urge to throw everything at them or you run the risk of polluting your tank.

Mine was like that the first couple of days too. I finally tried this frozen formula one marine mix and it went crazy over that. Now the little guy tries everything I put in there.

Every fish I have had that would not eat could not refuse cyclopeeze with a drop of garlic extreme. Like others said though give them a few days and do not overload your tank with food.

Garlic is an appetite stimulant ... I believe that is the word for it. Soak what ever you have in garlic after a day or so to let them adjust to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom