Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go Carey! Pictures please! Hey I'm trying to gain knowledge on how to start a reef :) wanna help?

Here's some shots of the 95 lbs of rock. i filled my 29g with it. I'm very pleased with the rockwork. :-D

I plan on adding some to the cube tomorrow maybe, the more rock the better for the scooter.

img_1332581_0_07b2a279237cb22ea83b2d5ffc56fc44.jpg

img_1332581_1_7725533312794245795c1e6b94096396.jpg

img_1332581_2_c84cecd38373625002cebb81ec9ac8ef.jpg

img_1332581_3_f59b562e0d79e91d549aba3381a77a10.jpg

Not a bad start for a tank that had no rock 6 hours ago.LOL I'm hoping the live sand will help seed the rock. So now I have another tank up and running with 2 clowns and one coral. :-D

The orange misbars have been tormenting the coral and the female is attacking my b&w's. I'm trying to get them to host another coral in the time out tank so they can go back into the 55g. LOL Not sure it's gonna work though

haha awe well i hope it works! Would be nice if you could get each pair to stay to there own side, it was really cute when they were hosting it together though, guess they don't like roomates.

So I'm just trying to feed the scooter and waiting for my gobies. :)

In the meantime I put some rock and coarse pads into the pod tank for them to live on. I also put my water change water into it to help get more pods LOL.

Here's my ghetto pod tank. I'm not sure if I need a light or not, I hope not

img_1333053_0_f075556923b0b5406e51d7e3dcd67aa9.jpg

I was wondering if I should take anymore live rock outta my 55g and put it in the cube. My lr in there is crawling with pods. lol

I can replace that rock with some of the base rock I bought yesterday.

Just a thought. Think it will help? Scooter is still pretty much eating just pods. he hasn't hit the glass yet though, tons on there. hehe

I think so. The more pods the better. But just make sure there isn't anything that you want on it like a coral that happened to encrust it.

I'm eyeing a particular rock from the bottom of my display tank of course. About 3-4 lbs but it has a nice huge pod population. It's teeming with the big pods.

I was thinking to put it in now but I still have a good lot in the cube on the glass and back walls. He's just passing them by. Not sure if he's full or if he just decided to stop eating.

I'm trying. :) I've been feeding him everything I have and he's not budging yet. maybe a little on the emerald entree but thats it. I just don't want him to starve while we try to get him fully on prepared.

I see. Well I'm really hoping everything is working out. In the meanwhile, I'm attempting to learn about reefs from all this! Lol. I'd love a nano reef

It's looking to be working good, the cube that is. lol other than this mis step I think it's a perfect starter for sw. I'm supposed to get my gobies on tuesday. I was thinking on moving some corals over too at some point.

Nice :) in my 5g nano, people were agreeing one like a candy cane would fit :)

That would be the perfect fish! Or maybe a clown goby, they are tiny and brightly colored. I'm supposed to be getting a citron.

Very cool :) I thought it might be. I just need to figure out what live rock and live sand is first, then I need to figure out how to do corals

You can get away with a couple pieces of live rock rubble from your lfs, maybe 7 lbs total if that. Live sand is kinda a fallacy, I mean how live can it be in a bag? I only got it because it was the texture and color that I wanted. i can't tell if it helped or not though.

edit*** have you checked the nano fish section on live aquaria? Lots of good ideas there

carey said:
You can get away with a couple pieces of live rock rubble from your lfs, maybe 7 lbs total if that. Live sand is kinda a fallacy, I mean how live can it be in a bag? I only got it because it was the texture and color that I wanted. i can't tell if it helped or not though.

edit*** have you checked the nano fish section on live aquaria? Lots of good ideas there

I guess it helps with natural filtration blabla

I'd say 80% of your filtration will be through the live rock. Plus it's a nice place to put your corals and fishies will like the hidey holes. :-D i still have some more rockscaping to do before my new fish come. at least I want to anyway

Carey I seen several pages back that you have to pay 15$ for shipping in Florida I usually use saltwaterfish.com the last two times I used it said free shipping and no sales tax in Florida I have ordered an anenome some coral and crabs and snails from them everything has arrived very timely and in great health just thought I'd help. I have the bio cube also pics on my thread if ur interested

Back
Top Bottom