Carey's Cichlids :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is daytona aquarium- on rt 92 near the intersection of 95 and 92. Just go west on 92 and its a 1/4 mile or so down on the left.

does he give you discounts if you go in person? found his website. Looks like listed prices are a bit higher. Maybe higher quality fish?

Got these guys for 30 and 10?

image-549776009.jpg

Attachments

• image-3206848186.jpg
    image-3206848186.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 68
i got all mine when they were considerably smaller so only paid like $8 for my obliquens and like $6 for my empresses. He does have some bigger fish for more but we've always stayed with getting smaller ones.

Most of his fish are really nice, he doesn't do any inbreeding and they are some sort of number letter combo like r1 or something.

I would LOVE to have a cichlid tank, but I don't have much more room in my apartment. Your sig says that you have a 10g Cichlid, what kind? Just the single one in the 10g?

I have an injured johanni in the 10g, he can't really swim. I took him out of general population almost a year ago figuring he wouldn't make it. BUT he is still alive and kinda swimming. he hs no control over the back half of his body so he swims in cartwheels if he tries. Just keeping him comfortable until it;s his time. :)

I saw you guys mention buying fish from breeders at farms. I think that's the way to go!

There's this really eccentric guy down here in Miami who sells cichlids at incredible prices. I bought myself this full grown Venustus for $8 lol

Oh and those are some nice fish you got there carey!

Attachments

• image-3463669980.jpg
    image-3463669980.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom