Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thought I'd share an update. :)

The tank is running good as usual thank goodness! But I got a HUGE scare yesterday. I was over by my computer station and just happened to glance over at the 125g as I do all day long. lol I was watching my male anthias chase after a chromi and up and out of the tank he went! I ran over and flipped him into my hand (BIG fish) and put him back in. He landed on a towel I had lying on the floor when I was doing some work on the sump earlier. Not sure if that cushioned his fall or not, lol, this guy is way too big to be flopping outta the tank.

Second thing!! I went in search of aipastias today and could only find them on the clue clove polyp rock where they originated from! It would appear that the butterfly is eating them! I'm not getting too happy about it cause I can't be 100%, I haven't seen him actually eat any but they are it seems, gone for now. Also, the butterfly pecked at some flake food today, he really is a piggy. He gets knocked around in the feeding frenzy when I feed but he is eating major amounts of frozen food now. I also see him eating pods as well so as far as diet goes he seems to be doing well.

Thats about it for the 125g for now. :) Planning on buying the bio-pellet reactor this group buy at the end of the month so that should be fun. :)

Yay, I love updates! Wow, your fish are jumpers!!! Since I don't have an official top on my 125g yet I have a ton of different kinds of lids and my 55g lids, :lol:. It looks quite hideous! I need to get some of that netting!

Glad the Copperband is doing so well and your aipastia problem may be getting better! ;-)

I was pretty surprised at the actual size of the Blue Reefs. When I was at that LFS on Sunday they had some and I thought they were pretty big! I have just never seen them in person before though! :)

Carey- I expect nothing less than a perfect tank and happy inhabitants from you. Lol. You are the fish mommy!!!

carey said:
Thought I'd share an update. :)

The tank is running good as usual thank goodness! But I got a HUGE scare yesterday. I was over by my computer station and just happened to glance over at the 125g as I do all day long. lol I was watching my male anthias chase after a chromi and up and out of the tank he went! I ran over and flipped him into my hand (BIG fish) and put him back in. He landed on a towel I had lying on the floor when I was doing some work on the sump earlier. Not sure if that cushioned his fall or not, lol, this guy is way too big to be flopping outta the tank.

Second thing!! I went in search of aipastias today and could only find them on the clue clove polyp rock where they originated from! It would appear that the butterfly is eating them! I'm not getting too happy about it cause I can't be 100%, I haven't seen him actually eat any but they are it seems, gone for now. Also, the butterfly pecked at some flake food today, he really is a piggy. He gets knocked around in the feeding frenzy when I feed but he is eating major amounts of frozen food now. I also see him eating pods as well so as far as diet goes he seems to be doing well.

Thats about it for the 125g for now. :) Planning on buying the bio-pellet reactor this group buy at the end of the month so that should be fun. :)

Get that netting soon! It makes me sick to think about fish dying because they jumpe out of the tank! Haha i learned my lesson with covering a tank many years ago...

Carey's tank= amazing.

So I went on a photo binge today, LOL. Took a couple of shots of this tank so I figured I'd post some. :)

Also as an update, as of now I have been running the biopellet reactor for a month with no results so far. But I have read it can take up to 2 months so I'll just keep monitoring and see what happens.

img_1922420_0_756017f2a4d6fd6018f47a87877e09ee.jpg

img_1922420_1_12b34a9c48b58d51717c25f23d1ddd56.jpg

img_1922420_2_29f7cab37e439d3198b0778b2ad377eb.jpg

img_1922420_3_0d34c12d27cc8ce06f1c632d1cf5a415.jpg

img_1922420_4_5bba3d144d7292216b57875c83fef4fe.jpg

img_1922420_5_cc7227fa85592a03b4b8f7a53da92e76.jpg

I knew the answer but have forgotten where she came from lol.

It was at the LFS for about a month or more before he put it up for sale. :) He had it eating by hand actually and it ate very well at the store which was the only reason why i dared try one. I lost my other butterfly for absolutely no reason so I was/am worried about him still. lol

carey said:
I knew the answer but have forgotten where she came from lol.

It was at the LFS for about a month or more before he put it up for sale. :) He had it eating by hand actually and it ate very well at the store which was the only reason why i dared try one. I lost my other butterfly for absolutely no reason so I was/am worried about him still. lol

Indies, Australia, or Fiji?

Awesome tank (as usual). I noticed that almost every single fish you have are in the pictures! Has the Torch gotten better?

I moved the torch higher up and it did very well for a few weeks but I had to move it lower due to moving rock from this tank to the 60g cube. So it's back almost on the sandbed and it looks just ok. I need to put it higher up again most likely.

Thanks for asking! You have a great memory. lol

carey said:
I moved the torch higher up and it did very well for a few weeks but I had to move it lower due to moving rock from this tank to the 60g cube. So it's back almost on the sandbed and it looks just ok. I need to put it higher up again most likely.

Thanks for asking! You have a great memory. lol

Wow. Really? Both of mine only do good in the sand bed. Moving them up makes them unhappy as well as my other corals. Lol

I know, lol, that's why i started mine on the sandbed. It just seems to do better in more light for some reason. My hammer is the same way, it likes to be higher in the tank.

Go figure....hehe....

Hey Carey,
Tank looks great! So does the Copperband! I feel the same way about mine, I try to feed him a little Mysis everyday, as he's really put a hurtin on the DT's pod pop.
About your Torch, I've always kept my Hammer and Torch very high in the water column (7+ yrs), and they have always done very well. When joining the site, I always saw people's Euphiliads on the bottom.
I'm under T5's, could the lower placement be because majority are using LED?

carey said:
I know, lol, that's why i started mine on the sandbed. It just seems to do better in more light for some reason. My hammer is the same way, it likes to be higher in the tank.

Go figure....hehe....

See now- all my hammers are higher up in the tank except one because it started bleaching out. I've gotten him back to normal but he is still a little lower than the others.

Back
Top Bottom