Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I have read I am afraid it might be parasite ,His stress stripe is showing.Try to get him in quarantine.

Any ideas what it could be? he has absolutely no white spots or velvet on him, no open sores or anything where a parasite may have gotten in. He hasn't gone to the surface for air, he hasn't flashed against anything. He's still eating and very active.

Could it just be stress markings? I've been messing with the tank all day, in fact was planning on like a 50% PWC sometime tonight.

No clue what it is but you may want to hold off on the pwc, weither its just stress markings or an actual parasite..doinng a 50% pwc is gonna add a bit of stress

Yeah, it's along the edge. Not sure if maybe he's stressed or if its' something more. I think I may be paranoid now. LOL

Don't get paranoid. I was at work today but I was able to do some research. Well I did ALOT more than I should have lol, I ended up having to keep my phone plugged in so I could use it lol. Must have been to a thousand or more web sites.

Now I'm home and I'm gonna try to find some of the stuff I thought was related, I didn't have your message with the symptoms to go by. So I read anything and everything I could (between doing my job...darn job got in the way of my research lol). I had some sites I wanted to send you, I gotta find them again here now though.

Any ideas what it could be? he has absolutely no white spots or velvet on him, no open sores or anything where a parasite may have gotten in. He hasn't gone to the surface for air, he hasn't flashed against anything. He's still eating and very active.

Could it just be stress markings? I've been messing with the tank all day, in fact was planning on like a 50% PWC sometime tonight.

This may sound icky but how's his poop?

Haven't noticed anything stringy or weird.

I'm unfortunately in the middle of my pwc. I took out like 35g.

Back to finish! woohoo...also re arranged a bunch of corals.

Yeah, it's along the edge. Not sure if maybe he's stressed or if its' something more. I think I may be paranoid now. LOL

I'm not familiar with fish yet as you know, but is his top fin supposed to be shaped like that. I mean to me it kind of looks like he "combed" his "hair". The way it flows. It's not "straight" up. And if it's not supposed to be straight up, is it supposed to be "flowing" back?

Hope that makes sense.

Yes.. They lay their fins back. They put them up when they are excited. Ours puts her dorsal fin up every time my husband opens the lid to the tank. She is like one of Pavlov's dogs. Lol

Well, the blues are on right now so it doesnt appear brown anymore. There are thankfully no spots I can see. It's been hiding since the water change, I tried to catch him but it wasn't working so I let him be. If he is just stressed i don't wanna add to it. If he gets worse I will just have to break down the tank and get him out. Even if I get him into a qt I have no idea what, if anything to treat for.

The clowns, they were added last week are having a blast though, they are surfing the return, too funny...They catch the wave and then swim back into it and repeat. They've been doing that all afternoon.

The other fish seem fine no changes. I'll be running some water tests in a bit, see if anything is outta whack

Am gonna have to learn about the "properly" method. Heck I'm just gonna have to learn qt in any way shape or form lol

@Carey, sent you pm.

Got the pm, I'm reading through it now, thanks so very much for taking the time out to do some research. Much appreciated. So far I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me but I'm still looking.

Got the pm, I'm reading through it now, thanks so very much for taking the time out to do some research. Much appreciated. So far I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me but I'm still looking.

I saw so many things I started getting confused, I sent you 1 or 2 I think that just had good info, one is a database type on fish and stuff.

I've got to try to remember a few of the others I saw that had more info. Only problem is they all basically say the same about the basic diseases and such, but I DID run across one that talking about the brown you're seeing and I'll be darned that I can't find it.

I'm still looking for "poisoning" too but they are about the ocean fish and not about "aquarium" fish.

I'll keep looking though. (P.S. I'm selfish, cause as I'm looking for you, I'm learning for me hehehe):dance:

Lol buffy a proper qt qould be a decent sized tank to fit the fish in, dropping a juvenile lionfish in a 10g isn't exactly healthy lol:)

Lol buffy a proper qt qould be a decent sized tank to fit the fish in, dropping a juvnile lionfish in a 10g isn't exactly healthy lol:)

Why? I mean it's little. I don't know what size tank they need but we'll use it as an example. If the juvenille lionfish is going into my 75 gallon (assume the 75 is proper size lol) and he is just a baby, why can't he go into qt for 4 weeks and then into the 75. He'll still be little when he gets there.

Sorry Carey, I'll shut up. Don't wanna thread hog.

You must've not seen other post. Was there anything wrong with his poop? Well for that matter was there anything wrong with the other's. One of the sites I was reading mentioned it. And go figure I can't remember that one or the one that talked about the brown color in it. I know there's one somewhere, it may be totally not what it is, but I gotta find it again cause then I didn't know what the symptoms were. So I didn't make note.

Rates.

I was speaking more towards a hospital qt rather than new member qt:) and I must say that this endemic that carey is going thru/went thru is seriously perplexing...it seems like no matter what angle you try to grasp, it doesn't add up.

Back
Top Bottom