Caribsea eco complete cichlid substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

parsons483

Aquarium Advice Activist
I turned on my filter the same day I set up the tank. Is it possible I turned the filter on to early? Just out of curiosity.

I turned on my filter the same day I set up the tank. Is it possible I turned the filter on to early? Just out of curiosity.
The best way to start a new tank is to have the filter running before the tank is set up.

Why are you worried about turning the filter on?

The best way to start a new tank is to have the filter running before the tank is set up.

Why are you worried about turning the filter on?

Someone told me that for that eco complete cichlid substrate that they saw a video saying that they didn’t turn the filter on until the next day. So it made me a bit afraid that I filtered out the beneficial bacteria that is already in it? From what I was reading online this substrate do not need to be cycled because the bacteria is already in it

Someone told me that for that eco complete cichlid substrate that they saw a video saying that they didn’t turn the filter on until the next day. So it made me a bit afraid that I filtered out the beneficial bacteria that is already in it? From what I was reading online this substrate do not need to be cycled because the bacteria is already in it

You want maximum amounts of bacteria in the substrate AND the filter. No harm done starting the filter.

Back
Top Bottom