cascade 1500 filter???? how to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
A friend of mine just bought a 55 gallon tank with stand, canopy etc on craigslist. The seller was a cop so we assumed all would be legit so we are all operating with the assumption we are doing something wrong. The filter is plugged in with water filled to the brim of the filter and top clamped down. It sounds like it is trying, but no water is flowing to and from the filter. Valves are to the left in open position. Any tips??

We got it going. How much water flow should there be with this type of filter? It seems to say it is rated for 200 gallons, but the out put flow seems maybe less than what my aquaclear 110 would do. How do we know if it is working properly?

Hi i have a cascade 1200 are you using the spray bar also how do you have the media set up and did you clean the hoses out prior to using it ???

what was the issue before when you filled it . and it . would not pump ????

I have a cascade 700 for my 55 gallon and it works great. I wouldn't worry about the gallons per hour hour rating. I believe the fact that there is more filtering area in a canister filter than there is in a hob filter is what makes it more efficient. I had a emperor 400 hob on my tank and the canister works just as good as the hob did....just a lot quieter.

Back
Top Bottom