Cat meets fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PotRoastMan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I though I'd share a funny story..
I have a couple fish and a cat. The cat is amazed by the fish, he loves to watch them and gets pretty excited. A few weeks ago I opened the tank to feed the fish, I bent down to get the food and all of a sudden SPLASH! The cat jumped from the kitchen counter into the tank (about a 3 foot leap)! He got hung up on the edge of the tank, but his front half - head, legs, body, was submurged! I grabbed him and dropped him to the ground. He sneezed, shook off, and ran to hide behind the couch. I would have been mad at all the water my floor if it wasn't so funny.

He used to jump on top of the glass cover all the time, he liked to look down inside the tank (although I made him get off every time I saw him do it - I was afraid the glass wouldn't hold!). He hasn't jumped on top since... I guess that's one way to train a cat. :roll:

That is a great story. I hope I had the Solomon's ring so that I could've read the mind of your cat and fish!

My old cat used to sit on the shelf next to the tank and watch them for hours. He never did take a swipe.
I miss that cat.
The new cat is simply oblivious. Jeff

My cats seem to think that helps to chirp like a bird when they're staring at the fish. It's very cute but really a very bad hunting technique.

man that would have made an awsome Americas funniest Animals Video!!!

I have a cat who insists on showering with me. (which makes me a little uncomfortable) and knocks over every glass of water in the house. ( I have to drink out of a sippie cup!)

she definatly has a water fetish, thankfully she has not made the connection that those fish are swimming in a giant glass of water!

haha. great story.

in my old apartment i used to always come home to the lid on my hood opened and cat hair floating on top of the water. :roll: there wasn't ever enough room for my cat to get in thankfully (he's a fatty 8O ) but he must have been dipping his paws in there.

he grew out of it though thankfully! unless he has learned to shut the lid when he's done, and clean up his hair. :lol:

-brent

Back
Top Bottom