catching peppermint shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I caught mine pretty easily .... throw some flake food in there and when he comes out NET him!!!! Took about 3 minutes for him to show his big beady eyes!!

well.. tried all that.. I feed em with a turkey baster and all the animals come running to it.. but I have too much lr..so.. my next question is.. the coke bottle thing.. I'd be too afraid to put that in there...no matter how many times I wash it I'd still be afraid to contaminate the tank with whatever..but I'm tired of seein' thes bug eyed monsters eatin so much.. so how do I go about doin the coke bottle trap and how many of u have used it with success?

well.. saw him with a bristle worm.. and some little mollusk type slug things that came on the rock.. now there are barely any of those left..the ones that are left are in the overflow box.. I just don't know if he killed the bristle or just at a piece that was damaged..

Use a 1L Ozarka bottle to prevent contamination by soda acids. Cut the top off, reverse it, might have to cut the tip off before reversing it so the shrimp can fit - submerge, place food, wait.....

You'll probably catch fish before the shrimp... but might get the shrimp to come out. Other than mantis, you shouldn't have issues with shrimp... he'll only eat what's injured, dying, or already dead.

Back
Top Bottom