Catfish aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi i currently have 3 featherfin syndontis catfish (synodontis eruptus) one which is 8 inches and the other two are 5-6inches. they have been living peacefully with the larger one occassionally chasing the smaller ones ever now and then for over a year now. Recently i acquired 2 large salmontail catfish (one at 12inches and the other at 10inches) from a owner who was keeping them in a very small fish tank and he couldnt take care of them anymore. I have noticed that the synodontis cats dont seem to be too fond of the salmontail catfish and seem to be biting or trying to bit them. the salmontails show no aggression to them and just swim off. Is this a normal thing that will pass as the salmontails have only been in the tank for about 24 hours? i am worried as i believe the synodontis are eating the salmontails slime coats

Most Synodontis are territorial, eupterus are no exception. First thing to try would be rearranging, possibly adding, some rocks/plants for additional cover and sight breaks. How big is your tank?

Most Synodontis are territorial, eupterus are no exception. First thing to try would be rearranging, possibly adding, some rocks/plants for additional cover and sight breaks. How big is your tank?

I have decided to move them to my 30g African cichlid tank for now. Until I figure out what to do

Back
Top Bottom