Cave alien

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

land locked

Aquarium Advice Freak
I reached in my sump to adjust the heater and I found these alien cave dwellers deep in my sump where there is no light. Any idea on what the are? I went through the usual references and I can't find anything like them. They don't act like and animal because when I poked it with a pin (not very nice I know) it did not recoil. It almost looks l like a baby polyp without pigment. As I started looking around in there I found a few more, all are colorless. I don't have to look in there often with a flash light so who now who knows how long they have been there. The close ups are just not turning out well. Hope you can tell without a closer one.

Attachments

• PA050568.jpg
    PA050568.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 48
  • PA050570.jpg
    PA050570.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 52
  • PA050574.jpg
    PA050574.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 44
  • PA050567.jpg
    PA050567.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 56
Bah, they're cave aliens for sure. Quick, make sure you cover your head with tinfoil and to be safe, your fishes as well!!

....yup, I agree with Qtip sponges and no, they don't go in your ear :)

Thanks guys. I have had them in my tank but they did not quite look the same but I have never seen them that small before, so I am sure you are right. I do have the tinfoil ready to go though.

Back
Top Bottom