CDP's help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snwbirdy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,
So I really love the way CPD's look, they are so beautiful! I have a 12 gallon so I also like that they are small. I went to my LFS who can order them for me but they said that they prefer softer more acidic water. My tap water that I use in my tank is hard and a PH of 8.2 xD. So my question is: are CPD's adaptable to these conditions or should I give up on them since I really don't want to get into the whole RO water deal. Thanks!

What I've done is get cheap distilled and do water changes with part tap/part distilled. My driftwood also helps. My Indian Almond Leaves also help.

But another Nano species might be easier like Azmodan suggested if you like the look of them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice guys! Those emerald rasboras are really nice looking too, I think I will look into them more. The only thing with them is I heard they might be more finicky with care then the CPD's. I'm just starting out so I'm not sure I trust myself with a touchy fish :p

In a 12 gallon you'll only be spending an extra 3-4$ a month on some ro for water changes.. Cpd's are great little fish, depending on where you live you may not even need a heater so the costs will balance right out!!

You're right Brookster, I guess that is one good thing about a smaller tank in this situation! I'm gonna experiment to find the perfect mix.

Back
Top Bottom