Central Iowa Aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floyd R Turbo

Aquarium Advice Addict
Givin a shout out to the fish lovers in central Iowa - where are ya?!?!?

I'm in West Des Moines. How about that water? Mmmm..tasty...

My favorite LFS is Aqualand in the hood. Old school baby, mostly 10s and 20s. If you haven't been there, go! Best freshwater fish selection in town that I've seen.

Next has to be Iowa Pet Foods & Seascapes in WDM. They have a shark pool and a marine flow-over tank full of live rock. It's about 3'-7' and the water flows over the top edge and into drains around the outside of the bottom edge. I'll have to post a pic if they'll let me take one.

Third would probably be either WDM Petco - Jordan Creek or the one by Sam's Club.

How about that, another person from around here! What city are you in and what's your water like? Curious if you have the same issues I have.

Im in Ankeny. I have been to Adams and seascapes and like seascapes more. I have never been to aqualand but im going to go sometime. Are there any clubs near us?

I live in west des moines near valley west mall. love the people at aqualand. new to aquariums having fun with plants and doing alittle wet feet with pothos, creeping charlie and spider plants. love to trade stuff with other folk. i always have xtra hornworts, water lettuce, and some under water grass vine that i have no idea what it is but grows easy.

Back
Top Bottom