Centrepiece suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jon fishe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, I would really appreciate your two cents here.
I have an established 160l planted tank that is in need of some new centrepiece fish. It had a group of banded gourami which I loved/hated because they were so unique, but insanely shy.
Over time all but one gourami died, and I’m starting to miss medium sized fish. (I see this gourami about a total of 10 seconds a day - he hides below the filter and snatches any food that drops by.)
As far as stocking I have: 4 corys, 6 harlequins, 6 glowlights, 1 bristlenose pleco, 4 ottos, 1 gourami, and 2 (new) giant African shrimp.
Firstly, do I have space for 4 or more medium sized fish? I’m pretty sure there’s enough real estate in the tank but I'd like some objective opinions.
Ideally I'd like these centrepiece fish to be unusual - I've basically ruled out other gouramis and angelfish. I also have a lowish budget, which might make finding unusual fish tricky...
I'd be grateful for any of your recommendations/suggestions.
Thanks, Jon

A m and f will get along better, but any combo will work. 2 f is better than 2 male. Oddly, the f are more colorful than the males. The males have a brighter colored tail and are bigger. But unlike some species, the f is really pretty and colorful, not drab at all

Back
Top Bottom