Change of plans... Looks like I'm moving!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When I bought the 75 gallon tank we were discussing the idea of putting our house on the market to look for a bigger house. We've been in this house for 13+ years and we've definitely outgrown it. Well, at the time we were just discussing it, but now it's a happening thing! I'm excited at the thought of moving to a new and bigger house (more aquarium space .. lol), but it feels weird to leave a place I've been for what seems like forever. Anyway, since we're most likely going to be moving within the next couple of months I'm not going to be adding any fish until we do move. That way I'm not stressing the fish out once and then again within a short period of time. At least I'll have all the bacteria that I need and I won't have to do a fishless cycle again. It just stinks to know it's going to be months now before I can add fish. :(

Well.. I guess that's kind good news/bad news.. huh?? Congrats on getting a new house.. and drat on not being able to get fish yet!!

Actually, this is good news. When my wife and I first married, we found a nice little place, then the kids came along and the place was outgrown within 15 years. The only tank we had room for at the time was a 10 gal and a small plastic betta tank.

After spending almost 20 years in the place, we found a larger place, much more elbow room for everyone and the fringe benefit...an immediate upgrade to two large tanks with tropicals and plants and decorations and large water changes and....well, you get the idea. :D

Well, after seeing only 4 houses we found THE one! It's only about 15 minutes from here and it's in the country!! Living in the country has been a dream of mine for a long time so if we are able to snatch this one up, it'll be a dream come true! It has a living room, dining room, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 full the is 3/4), a large 3 season sunroom, and there's a den and large rec room in the basement (which is finished of course). This house is on an acre lot and it has an above ground pool (another dream of mine... lol). Best of all, there's actually a little heated pond about 20' from the house which has fish in it! It was so surprising to see fish actually swimming around there! I'm so excited to get this house. I only hope we're able to do get it. I'll keep you all in formed! :)

Congratulations on the new house! I am in the process of doing exactly what you have done, except I have 10 tanks set up. 8O . Good luck getting the house of your dreams. I'm sure that it is meant to be.

So now the question becomes how many fish will the pool hold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom