Changing from Salt water to fresh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

halfcent

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there anything I should be concerned about changing over an aquarium setup from salt water to fresh. The reason I ask is I have found a deal on a 75 tank complete with sump,lights heater and stand for a really good price.
Here is the add for the tank.
70gallon SALTWATER FISHTANK EVERYTHING YOU NEED! North Nanaimo, Nanaimo

Take the price and divide it by two and that is what I can get it for. Please let me know if it is a good deal or not and if it can easily be changed.
Thank you.

Take the price and divide it by two?? I hope you have already bought this as it is an excellent deal. Just take a look at those custom lights. You would probably pay $300 for those alone if they are t5s.

Edit: Also, it should be easy to convert to freshwater. Just make sure that you wash it well. =]

Yup, he told me everything for $300.00. The lights are Halagen but they are powerful enough for coral so they should be good for a heavily planted tank. I am hoping to take a look at it tomorrow.

Rinse everything well. If It is still running, ask him to keep it that way until you see it. Ask how long it has been dry and where it was stored. inspect the silicone, this can only be done to a certain extent visually though. When you get it home and fill it use the tissue paper test along the seams. With the sump and decent stand the price is not too bad.

Rinse everything well. If It is still running, ask him to keep it that way until you see it. Ask how long it has been dry and where it was stored. inspect the silicone, this can only be done to a certain extent visually though. When you get it home and fill it use the tissue paper test along the seams. With the sump and decent stand the price is not too bad.

IMO it's the lighting that makes it an incredible deal.

Back
Top Bottom