cheap seaclone 150?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sir_dudeguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
some one has offered me a seaclone 150 for 30 bucks. it would be for a 55 gallon tank. is this a good buy or no? i've heard mixed reviews on the things so ya...

30$ is a good price, IMO. I paid almost 200$ CDN for a new one here. It should perform well for a 55 gal. tank. I'm still using mine on my 125 until my beckett is ready to go on-line.

HTH

8)

i've just heard that they can be more trouble than they're worth. is that true or no? is there any special tricks to get them to work better?

also, i dont have a sump on my tank yet, hopefully in a month or two i will. will it make a bunch of bubbles on the surface of my tank water?

thanks

Yeah, I also hear/read a lot of people complain about it, but mine has worked flawlessly for over a year now. When first set-up, it required a break-in period like any other skimmer, but after that it was basically set and forget. It was hang on back from the time I got it, until September last year. It's been sitting in the sump since. Pulls dark scum and the collection cup needs to be cleaned about every 2 weeks. On mine, I added a collection cup drain that allows the skimmer to go unattended for a while when I am out of town.

Once the break-in period is past and you have found the proper adjustment for the air valve, it should be fine on it's own. Mine is.

HTH

8)

yep it does help, thanks! hopefully i'll get it soon. its used so would it need a break in period?
thanks again

Back
Top Bottom