Check this auction on ebay out?? Help him..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Without knowing a whole lot of background, it seems the person is willing to drop a whole lot of cash for instant gratification instead of trading/purchasing small frags from local reefers, etc. I doubt, since they classify themselves as "experienced", that they will take much advice on going about things differently. Hopefully, it turns out well for everything involved.

I could get a lot of fish/corals/clams for $1000. Maybe there is a shortage where he is? There are so many dealers online to choose from..weird.

Mike

isnt that close to the VA croud? like fishfreek, bound_for_ox, fluff and others?
maybe someone could help the guy out.. :p

Ya, I definatly would opt for online purchases if I did not have a wide availability of marine fish stores in my area. Even though I do have quite a few, some of the online deals are amazing especially if I had a larger system like brenden.

I think he put a high dollar amount because he doesn't want anyone to mistakenly place a bid thinking that they were GETTING any of that stuff. He clearly states that it is just a want ad. He probably doesn't want to spend anywhere near that, but instead is probably looking to buy out shutdowns.

JMO!

He's just using Ebay to advertise a want ad, price is to prevent actual bidding. Multi-state/nationwide advertising for a buck is a hell of a deal. I've sold several vehicles using the same method.

Cool, I never knew that. At first I though "This guy doesn't know how to use Ebay". But then if you look at his history, he really knows what he's doing.

So cool info. I didn't know you can do a want ad like that. That's like Ebay advanced or something. Or maybe I'm just not familiar with Ebay nowadays.

But you're right, that is pretty darn cheap. And you can put so much info in there. The only scary part is that there's a possibility for fraud. Anyways, I don't think Virginia is scarce when it comes to those. There are a lot of LFS in VA that could top any LFS. He's just probably a busy guy.

Thanks for the info, phyl and indy. Cool. I learn more in this thread!

Back
Top Bottom