Chemical measurements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csuggett

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HI everyone, i hope this isn't a stupid question....when adding my water conditioner and other items during my regular water changes do i add the amount of chemical per water i changed or per the whole tank. For example when i change 5 gallons of water do i add enough water conditioner for 5 gallons or the entire 35 gallon tank.

Cheers

HI everyone, i hope this isn't a stupid question....when adding my water conditioner and other items during my regular water changes do i add the amount of chemical per water i changed or per the whole tank. For example when i change 5 gallons of water do i add enough water conditioner for 5 gallons or the entire 35 gallon tank.

Cheers
Normally for just the water you changing because the water has already had it chlorine and chloramine removed. Put the water conditioner in the container you're refilling with before you add it to the tank. Otherwise the chlorine has time to do damage in the tank before it gets neutralized.

Back
Top Bottom