Cherry shrimp tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dayton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all. I just added 12 cherry shrimp to a fluval spec five gallon. I want to add something else but I don't know what... I was thinking some celestial pearl danios or another dwarf species of schooling fish. Are they're any other small species that would go okay with cherry shrimp in a five gallon?

No not neon tetras that is to small of a tank for how much energy they have...you could do a few chili rasboras or a scarlet badis

Maybe spotted rasbora because they only get 1 inch and they are great schooling fish

http://www.franksaquarium.com/nanofish.htm
Check out these cool nano fish. I bet if you have a good water changing schedule and stable parameters you could get away with a school of 6 or so of one of these schooling species. Some only get .5" or .8"
The only thing is, they're hard to find in stores, and shipping is pretty expensive. I've also heard that the dwarf rasboras are pretty shy, but I have no personal experience with keeping them.
The only thing on that site I would not recommend is the white clouds.. They need a bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom