Cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mystery

Aquarium Advice Freak
I ordered 6 cherries but 4 of them died very shortly on arrival. The remaining two seem to be doing well, and to have moved into the rock cave I made for them. But before I move in some more I was wondering if there was anything more I could do to improve survival? I drip acclimitise them and the new one I have ordered are small juveniles who I hope will adapt better. The water is moderate hard, temp around 75, ammonia at or very near 0 in two aqua-bridged 5 gallon tanks.

adults dont ship well or adjust as well. juvy shrimp are the best ones to get. how long were they in the mail. shrimp tend to be pretty easy to be shipped. i do drip acclimation with my shrimp.

any ammonia or nitrite can kill them. so i would make sure that in check first.

They were only shipped overnight, but 1 of them was still DOA, which made me wonder whether they weren't in terribly good shape to begin with--although I suppose they may just have been handled roughly en route....

temperature during shipping can also play a large role as can how they were packaged and handled.

I received 10 juveniles today and they seem to have settled in well. I am thinking the first 6 I got were fully adult in size, certaonly a lot bigger than these new ones. The new little guys seemed to cope a lot better and were immediately active. I can see six of the right now working over the gravel. They are quite cute really.

Back
Top Bottom