Chili Coral and algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFreak1961

Aquarium Advice Freak
My chili coral is not opening much anymore because
green algae is starting to show up on him I guess. What
is the best way to get it off of him?

I had the same thing happen to my Kenya Tree and I took a toothbrush I use for the tank and lightly brushed him with it, just kinda wipped him with it, it worked and he has been happy ever since. Do you know what the algae is coming from?

What type of lighting? How old are your bulbs?

6mos old PC fixture on a 20 gal. may be too much light, I put a magazine over chili so he won't get so much. I let the phosphate get too high I guess. I'm reading some. I have a few mushrooms and the chili coral, bt anemone, maroon clown and red hawkfish and a brittle star who got his arm ripped off last nite in my powerhead, thank God I heard it and unplugged it, I think he is going to die, hasn't acted good since. A piece of silverside slipped up near the powerhead and ole log arms had to go exploring. Poor guy. I toothbrushed Chili and it is coming around. Did a round of Chemiclean 48 hours and 25% wc tonite, maybe that will help. He already looks better tonite, polyps showing.
The Boyd's CC is a good product for cyano!! Awesome. Only takes 48 hrs!

Back
Top Bottom