Chinese Algae Eater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmpgop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi. Will a CAE do well in brackish water? I want my molly to be happier but not at the expense of my CAE's. I have two. An adult and a juvinile. Those are the only 3 fish in a well established 10 gallon tank.

You will eventually have to get rid of one of the CAEs as they get territorial when they get larger. I would get rid of both. Mollies do not need to be kept in brackish water.

The large CAE I have hides out inside the under portion of a cave (you know, the holes that fill with water to weight it down) I had rearranged the tank and the rock was floating a bit. He went up inside and doesn't come out - hardly EVER! I think he's still in there (I never see him... LOL!) I saw him briefly yesterday. He's about 4 or 5 inches long. Very shy. The other one is about an inch long.

Are you saying that they can't get along with each other?

And the Molly is the only other fish in the tank.

Also - how do you get rid of a fish? Who the heck wants them? :( I have seen many people on here anti-CAE. But I have seen nothing that warrants me needing to feel like that. These CAE's are both albino (orange). Does that make a difference?

Thanks.

If you don't have a problem with them, than you can keep them. Usually when you have two, they end up fighting. If you need to get rid of a fish, the first option is to return it to the store.

they wont do well at all in brackish.and mollies dont need brackish. all your fish will outgrow your tank,CAEs getlike 11-14" long if not stunted,and mollys neeed a 30

Back
Top Bottom