choosing a filter for a 110 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pristine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. I have a brand new 110 gallon tank. I want to buy a wet dry filter for it. Everyone says its the best. Do you agree. Where can I buy a very good one with a protein skimmer with it. Or do you have any suggestions on a filter that best suits my tank size

I'm not a huge fan of the wet/dry systems personally. A nice sized sump, a little bit of a refugium and a good Skimmer is what I recommend.

One to two lbs of LR per gallon and a skimmer is all you need for good biological filtration. Plus a PH to push the water around. I had a wet dry at the beginning but I got rid of it. Now I just have the LR, skimmer and a refuge.

Agreed! I too had a wet/dry and it was actually people here on the site that convinced me to ditch it and just go with a refugium, with some live rock, macroalgae and a nice skimmer! And I'm so happy I decided to ditch that wet/dry. It always seemed like my nitrates would be high when I had that wet/dry.

Back
Top Bottom