Christmas moss taking over Dwarf Baby Tears (Hemianthus callitrichoides)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mb7050

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I decided to add a christmas moss wall few months ago and now that the wall is looking a bit better I noticed that christmas moss is growing all over baby tears especially at the root level. also some odd black algae is taking over the moss wall. :oops: . Im new at this hobby. the aquarium is only about a year old.

info
the aquarium is a sera Biotop Nano Cube 60L
Lighting: 1 x PL-T5 18 W that I keep on for 8 hours a day and blue 3w led night light and 18w uv sterilizer that I keep on for 4 hour a night
4 chamber internal filter with + JBL CristalProfi e901 greenline external filter.
injecting CO2 ( co2 controller set at 6.9)

PH 6.9
KH 7
GH 10
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0.2
temp is 22.9C or 73.22F

substrate: JBL AquaBasis plus and JBL Manado

dosing 1ml of JBL Ferropol and 1ml Seachem Flourish Excel everyday. also 10ml water changes everyday (biotopol c treated tap water). (using a dosing pump)

everything is automated because I'm away for weeks at a time..

fish
11 neon tetras 6 pygmy corys and 10+ yellow shrimps.

moss wall few months ago
hhn0NBK.jpg

moss wall now. I decided to remove the wood to see if it makes any difference
MjumoqL.jpg

I tried to remove christmas moss growing all over baby tear. still lot of christmas moss left near the roots but if I remove all the cristmas moss I'm afraid all the baby tears will be removed in the process too :(
M1VxbpP.jpg

I'm thinking of doubling the lighting power to see if it makes baby tears carpet better and helping with the issue. I have no idea what to do with the black algae problem.

Any advice is more than welcome

I'm no planted tank expert but pretty sure more lighting would only make your algae problem worse.

And that's an amazing moss wall by the way! Love it!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom