Chromis for new 29 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4127john

Aquarium Advice Freak
I upgraded my 20 to a 29 and now I want to add more fish. Currently I have an ocellaris clownfish, watchman goby, and a yellow tailed damsel. Don't worry the damsel is pretty peaceful. Clownfish is the real bully in the tank. If I can't get chromis, what other recommendation are there? Right it is a reef tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have two Clarkii clowns, a royal gramma, a yellow watchman goby, and two blue reef chromis in my 29 and everyone gets along fine. It is overstocked though but it's temporary because they're babies mostly and we are in the process of setting up a 75G salt.

I can't say whether you'd be fine doing it as this is my experience with my stock but I can say mine get along well.

I plan on getting two chromis in the tank and hopefully everyone will get along fine

If not chronic I was going to recommend cardinals

Actually had a bangaii cardinalfish before. Ended up dying after though..

yah i have them now i love them but if you get fish like those that stay out of the way there should be no problem with aggressive fish

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

the other fish i just thought of is you could get a small puffer

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I want reef safe fish of course, but I do want a peaceful fish that wouldn't do anything that would bother other fish. Problem is my clownfish is a little feisty

Does a pygmy angel work or is the tank too small?

Sorry for not replying earlier bi

But** the Pygmy angel is going to range in sizes the smallest Pygmy angel you could get away with but they are not always reef safe. I have owned three different Angels and only one has survived. The other thing with them is they are a very delicate fish. All three of the Angels I have owned have died quick. Between stress for one and cyanide for the other two.

I thought puffers weren't reef safe. Also don't they eat inverts. I do have coral banded shrimp and and some snails.

Yah puffer wouldn't be the best way sorry to mislead you I would look into cardinals and dotty backs

I got two chromis and one has bullied the other to the point it's hiding and won't come out

I got two chromis and one has bullied the other to the point it's hiding and won't come out

How old are they? I've heard of juveniles getting along really well but once they're adults they don't get along and fight until there's only one.

Not sure to be honest, about a year roughly. The one hiding has now died and had nipped fins that weren't there yesterday.

Guess I will have to decide later on.... Blizzard is coming my way and power might out

Back
Top Bottom