Cichlid ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just don't see kenyi, at all. I see something resembling a labidochromis species maybe, but not a keny

I disagree, Labidichromis isn't that big, and is a different yellow. It look it has the colors and shape of a Kenyi male, but the Dorsal fin doesn't match. I wish we had more pictures if it.
And I don't know that a Labidochromis would try to breed with a female Kenyi.

I think you're comparing it to a single labidochromis species, not as a whole. So color wouldnt come into play at all.

One if those things I don't think well ever know, because I think we agree it's a hybrid for sure.

Once again, I was saying the genus labidochromis, not just one species. The head shape is similar to that of several species in the genus labidochromis. Not once did I state anything about a yellow lab, so the black dorsal is 100% irrelevant to what I said.

Well obviously not reading what I'm writing because so didn't say anything about a black dorsal fin. I was talking about the shape. And I was saying it looks more like the Pseudotropheus species, than labidochromis chromis species. Because of it's whole body shape/structure. The dorsal fin, which is close to a Psuedotropheus than labidochromis, even though the overall shape doesn't match either, and the fact that it is trying to breed with the Psuedotropheus female.

1.) go reread all the comments, mine wasn't directed at you.

2.) I don't see pseudotropheus at all in this, I really don't.

3.) Labidochromis is a genus known to commonly hybridize in the aquarium

Back
Top Bottom