cichlid problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

addikted2tanks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a female kenyi that likes to hide by filters. And does not want to mate with male. Any suggestions as to why?

She is newish about 3 weeks old.. but the male is new. Water is fine a little hard but that's it

Hmmmmm......
Just give them more time because all fish are different and not all fish will mate that is the hard part about getting a pair. They have to be "right for each other"

She's stressed in some way, i'd guess most likely being chased by someone. She could also be sick.

Thats probably it then. It'll happen quite a bit, right now i have 2 female peacocks hiding under the filter cuz one of my males is trying to breed with them. Just watch her, if she stops eating, has frayed fins, or is chased so much that she can't rest anywhere, then i'd say quarantine her, or the male. It'll almost always happen at some point in an african tank.

It might spread out the aggression a bit, if you want to, and have room, go for it!

Yea he is very aggressive and I need to figure this out... gonna try introducing a new female

Back
Top Bottom