Cichlid tank REVAMPED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank looks great! Just noticed you had some slack in your canister lines. If that is the final spot for it you may want to trim the lines some more.

I like the new caves personally. See how they work out for you.

Tank looks great! Just noticed you had some slack in your canister lines. If that is the final spot for it you may want to trim the lines some more.

I like the new caves personally. See how they work out for you.

Thanks boss. I appreciate it. Yeah I I couldn't find my razor pocket knife to trim the tubes.but I understand why. Better flow ..

Looking good. If you get driftwood soak it for a week or 2. If you don't it'll give the water a tea color. That's what I had to do with mine

What's up everyone just a heads up that type of rock is no good. It begins to break apart . My cories would graze on them I observed rock peeling off. THAT'S A RED LIGHT FOR ME. So I yanked them out of there like ASAP. Just wanted to share .

What's up everyone just a heads up that type of rock is no good. It begins to break apart . My cories would graze on them I observed rock peeling off. THAT'S A RED LIGHT FOR ME. So I yanked them out of there like ASAP. Just wanted to share .

I used pieces of masonry kind of like that but a little more like concrete. It acted as a nice buffer and didn't fall apart. Maybe try getting some cinder blocks or so etching of that nature. Best of luck with te tank.

Yeah man I'm getting some caves

I wanna some good stuff bro!! I know it's in your blood!! The aqua scape is running through your veins lol.

Ya know what I do? May sound crazy but... I take pictures of my tank and print them out I'm the regular whatever its called college paper size and I stare it. I look online at rocks, driftwood whatever then I see what I like and try and vision it in my tank. I've re scaped my tank so many times lol. But this time I must say I'm the happiest thus far. I think I hit the sweet spot lol.

So.... Lets see whatcha got!!

:)

I wanna some good stuff bro!! I know it's in your blood!! The aqua scape is running through your veins lol.

Ya know what I do? May sound crazy but... I take pictures of my tank and print them out I'm the regular whatever its called college paper size and I stare it. I look online at rocks, driftwood whatever then I see what I like and try and vision it in my tank. I've re scaped my tank so many times lol. But this time I must say I'm the happiest thus far. I think I hit the sweet spot lol.

So.... Lets see whatcha got!!

:)

Lol hahaha I can't make up my mind on what I want. It's a good idea to pin the pics up and vision. I be having so many ideas, my main problem not having immediate access to everything...

It's hard to set your mind on one design. I'm sure you understand. Lol

Hello everyone sry I know it's been a while. I had an unfortunate incident that involved my iPhone and toilet. Need less to say , trust me it does not swim like a fish !!!! Lol but I'm back new and improved.

A lot has changes since last post. I've been keeping up with everything and I've lost 2 cori's but they look to had been hunted because the bottom lips off both them were gone including fins I freaked out I'm feeding them twice a day ... Flakes , pellets , shrimp floater pellets.

It broke my heart. They looked slaughtered.
My stock is:

2 JD's .
1 African blood cichlid
1 Rafael spotted catfish
2 cori's
1 Pleco

Tank:

55 gallon
Fluval 405
2 Fluval c4 HOB
Heater
Bubbler

Any comments or thoughts are equally taken under consideration. Thanks for your time and support.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom