Cichlids for 55 galon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StartingOscar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have an empty 55 gallon tank i i dont know what kind of chiclid is easyer to take care of and is right for my tank.

If you are looking for a group of cichlids, you can do some combination of Keyhole cichlids, convicts and firemouths. They are all good choices for a tank that size.

You could do bigger cichlids as well, but that would restrict the number of tank mates. For example, an Oscar, Green Terror or Jack Dempsey with something like a Bristlenose Pleco.

how many convicts? and shuld i mix males with females? i just dont want to many :O

Try some kenyi (mbuna). Very fun to watch and very active bright blue females bright yellow males. I have those and ob red zebras in my 55 and they get along peacefully.

the oscars need 75gal min for 2. oscars have plenty of personality to be solitary (one only) in ur tank, with a pleco for extra prettiness.
mbuna come in a stuning range, google image it. or jack dempsey cichlid, one of them, or convicts or parrots or discus or severums.... the list is endless and music to an aquarists ears :)
what do u like?
and Big.Jon, that is a BIG kenyi in ur pic :L

Back
Top Bottom