Cichlids Staying at bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YNWAtom22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Guys

I was wondering if any of you have had this problem. I have had them for about a week, and they swim plenty, but just at the bottom of the tank

20g tank

20g whisper filter

20g air pump

No heater, waters at 73 generally

2 peacocks

1 Mbuna

1 socolofi

1 rainbow shark, he's the only one who swims around the top third of the tank

I assume these are juveniles. You'll need a bigger tank when full grown. What rocks/decorations do you have for them to hide in? Raise your temp to 76-79 degrees.

I assume these are juveniles. You'll need a bigger tank when full grown. What rocks/decorations do you have for them to hide in? Raise your temp to 76-79 degrees.

+1. Temps are def on the colder side than what is recommended. Also agree on tank setup with spots to hide/tank size. They'll all need to be in at least a 50g sooner than later. I would also be extremely cautious with the shark as a tank mate. Not the best mix IMO.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

+1 on raising your temp, these are warm water fish. Keep it between 76-78% . A 20 gallon is too small for these fish, I keep fry / small juvies in a 20 long.

Did you cycle the tank or is this a brand new tank? If the tank is not cycled you can have ammonia and nitrite present in the water which is deadly to your fish. You need a good test kit to test your water

Back
Top Bottom