clean decor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Put em in a bucket of tank water, rub em up or scrub em up, and toss em back in, I don't clean mine too often, my plecto gets mad when I move his things

figured using spickit water would remove essential microbiolifeform

Yeah, I used to use super hot water till I learned bettwr. I just changed my substrate to sand, and then filter died, I think the biofilm on all my stuff saved my butt lol.. its good stuff

I was gonna put a sandbox in my tank for my corries and was told not to

I was looking at aquareum photo competition and wondered how much work cleaning
thats what got me to ???

Cleaning sand? Its way easy.. since there's no way for poop to fall in the cracks, you just vac it up off the top, takes me less than 5 min. To vac and add water in my tank

what about all these other fish, will they like

FISH

2 Green Corries
2 Albino Corries
2 Pepper Corries
6 Zebra Danios
6 Neon Tetras
3 Swordtails
4 Platties
4 Rasboras
3 Guppies
1 Silver Mollie
2 Black Mollies​

Ha you have two posts goin on ur fish :) and yes sand is wonderful for most any fish..make sure u have a big enough tank though..what size?

In a big tank, a bit longer than a 10 gal. Haha. But basically, drain water, add the cleaned sand, wait for water to clear up and presto, u got sand.the sand I used didn't cloud my wter up at att...took me 20 min.

I wuz gonna make a sandbox with a tupperware type container

Id go all sand, its very benificial to your fish, easier for benifitial (sp??) Bacteria to grow in sand, as there's waaay more surface area.. here's my tank 20 min. After I did sand (black) the brand was stoney river, and it was all settled as soon as I put it in... nothing gets kicked up, and my maitenence has droped about 35% or so, bwcause of the new substrate. The brand I used (I will forever use this and only this) is stoney river premium aquarium sand for salt and freshwater tanks.

Well, I can't use my cameraphone (its a stupid droid phone lol) but it looks amazing (I also used half the amount suggested, as I didn't want substrate more than 1 inch (where it is now, using half the recomended amount)
It did, however, take 48 hours to de-air bubble. It was like, millions of air bubbles under the sand, that the sand was sticking too, but like I said, 48 hours later completley flat, and won't stir up into water column no matter how hard I stir (have to stir up sand unless u get some nerites) to get the nitrite and nitrate bubbles that may be forming down there out of my water...
Anyways long story short...go all sand, white if u wana see just how dirty it is, black if u don't care (black apparently makes fish more calm as well)
Good luck, have fun, be safe :)

i heard about something about bubbles in sand tank

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom