clean gravel bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you should be vacuuming the gravel every week. go to your lfs and buy a vacuum cleaning tool. clean 1/2 of the aquarium each week. :)

OK thank u. Any particular brand or type or features to look for. Also I have snails that like to bury themselves how do I prevent myself from sucking them up

I never ever vacuum my sand, with proper water circulation you won't have any debris left on the sand. try adjusting your powerheads so that ALL areas of the tank get flow.

Thank u Carey. Right now my powerhead is towards the top of the tank pointed straight and up. Should I lower it or point it down toward the sand bed.

You don't want to blow up any sand but you for sure want to have the water flowing around your entire sandbed and tank. How big is the tank and how many powerheads do you have?

I have a 40 gallon and 1 750. Snails and hermit crabs and 2 clowns. I am having trouble figuring out how much to feed them. They seem to be hungry all the time LOL.

I'd stick with once a day or every other day feeding, they will be fine. My fish sometimes do the swarming thing for food but you can't give in LOL

I would add another powerhead in that sized tank, one on each side. You can point thyem at the front glass and towards the others flow to create a crazy tank wide turbulence. Thats' what i do anyways hehehe

Back
Top Bottom