Clean up crew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never put live stock in your tank with the goal of having them "clean" or fix your algae problem. With that said, the fish and inverts listed above will help to consume some algae and detritus, but they are all very cool inhabitants. Ottos are my personal favorite especially when they demonstrate schooling behavior in larger groups of 6+.

Never put live stock in your tank with the goal of having them "clean" or fix your algae problem. With that said, the fish and inverts listed above will help to consume some algae and detritus, but they are all very cool inhabitants. Ottos are my personal favorite especially when they demonstrate schooling behavior in larger groups of 6+.

Can you put Ottos with Lava Rock? I don't have any driftwood in my tank yet.

Some planted friendly cleanup crew that works in a 29 gallon.

Invertabrates:

Cherry Shrimp (all varieties)
Crystal Shrimp (all varieties)
Cardinal Shrimp / Caridina sp. "Cardinal"
Snowball Shrimp / Neocaridina zhangjiajiensis
Ghost Shrimp
Amano Shrimp
Spiki Snail
Mystery Snail
Nerite Snail

Fish:

Otocinclus
Khuli Loaches

Just some quick thoughts. The thing is that not all of these should be kept together, and there is some consideration based on what aquatic friends are in the tank already.

Some planted friendly cleanup crew that works in a 29 gallon.

Invertabrates:

Cherry Shrimp (all varieties)
Crystal Shrimp (all varieties)
Cardinal Shrimp / Caridina sp. "Cardinal"
Snowball Shrimp / Neocaridina zhangjiajiensis
Ghost Shrimp
Amano Shrimp
Spiki Snail
Mystery Snail
Nerite Snail

Fish:

Otocinclus
Khuli Loaches

Just some quick thoughts. The thing is that not all of these should be kept together, and there is some consideration based on what aquatic friends are in the tank already.

I plan on putting Neon Tetras, Corys and maybe gouramis. Would Khuli Loaches work with Lava Rock?

Back
Top Bottom