Cleaned tank stand with detergent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kira696

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So a few weeks ago, before i set everything up, I remember my bf cleaning my tanks stand with detergent before we used it.

Everything's set up now and I have been using my stands shelves to store my fish stuff on. I'm worried about the stuff on it, most things are in bottles but my extra filter foam I bought is just plain on the stand, should I throw it out?

Obviously the detergent has long dried before placing the filter foam, but as a worrier I would like to know what others would do.:confused:

Don't worry about the "what ifs". The amount of soap residue left on your shelf is probably minimal. Since the shelf was dry when the filter material was placed on it, nothing absorbed.
Even if a trace amount of soap managed to get into your tank, it would be diluted and rendered harmless. Remember, nobody has a sterile fish tank, there are various kinds of contaminants in everyones tank. The regular routine water changes and tank cleaning minimizes those contaminants
No worries.

If the idea bothers you, just take everything out of the shelves and wipe with a clean cloth maybe with a little dash of Prime water conditioner or just wipe and rinse in sink and wipe again with clean fresh cloth.

As mentioned above it would not likely have been an issue as it is doubtful he left it all foamy and sudsy to dry with the foamy suds still on it.

Thanks guys I worry to much probably haha, but glad I can talk to people with fish keeping experience as that helps me a lot!

Back
Top Bottom