Cleaner shrimp in action, WOW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesR

Aquarium Advice Freak
I picked up some cleaner shrimp today and all i can say is i am amazed. It is the coolest thing I've ever seen in my aquarium. After less than 1/2 hour in the tank, my coral beauty and auriga were coming by for a visit. The shrimp crawled all over the fish and the fish just let them do their thing. After a little while, the fish swim off, and then come back.

It is very cool to watch!

Jim

Better luck than mine... my trigger ate my cleaner within 30 min of putting him in the tank... I should have known better but he was fine with my peppermint and coralbanded.

Ya I hope to get one once I get a real reef tank... I can't bring myself to get rid of my Niger Trigger because he was one of my first fish and he is definately the best one of his kind I have ever seen.

For a treat, try sticking your hand near them. Chances are they will jump on and start cleaning your arm. Mine do it all the time. :D

how well do these shrimp tollerate less than perfect water conditions? e.g. if something dies and i dont find out for several hours, how do the cleaners tollerate that?

shrimp like all inverts are very sensitive to water changes... however a good crew may be able to suck up a dead carcas before it becomes a rotting problem... leads to many "dissapearing" fish.

Back
Top Bottom