cleaning tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish-4-life

Aquarium Advice Activist
How long does is take to clean lets say a 50 gallon tank? 30% water changes i guess. how many days a week? what do u do besides water change? what equipment do u use?

i swim said:
How long does is take to clean lets say a 50 gallon tank? 30% water changes i guess. how many days a week? what do u do besides water change? what equipment do u use?

It depends on what you want to do. I do 40-50% water changes every week or two for my thirty gallon tank. To vacuum water out use a gravel vacuum they are cheap and inexpensive.

With a Python or similar that hooks up to a faucet, you should be able to do a 25-30% PWC on a 50g in around 15-20 minutes, sure. On my 55g, I usually lightly vacuum the gravel then just leave it draining out water whilst I clean the glass with an algae scrubber, then flip the knob on the Python to fill it back up, and takes probably right around 15-20 minutes. Half an hour to 45 mins a week on doing a PWC, checking filter media, cleaning the glass, etc. is about all it should be so long as you're not regularly overfeeding or running lights way too long. A well-ran aquarium should be fairly well balanced and take care of itself with minimum fuss ideally :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom