Close to death?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperAlex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm sorry I have been posting so much about my puffer but I would rather ask "stupid questions" and know then to not worry about it. He until the past few days has been really active and all over the tank but recently he has been doing the "sleep"thing" where he loses his color(looks dead) and sits under a rock more and more often. If i put a net in the tank anywhere near him he comes to life and swims around for a bit but then returns to "sleep" mode. The only thing that has changed is that I have gone from daily feeding to feeding every third day. Please help, I really don't want him to infect any of his tank mates who all look really healthy.

That does sound strange, mine only does the dead thing when the lights go out. Never seen him do that during the day. I am not one to encourage more feeding but I do every other day. I think if it was every third day he would go to town on my corals! Perhaps you could increase feeding but increase pwc too?

I've heard that puffers can get bored with their surroundings and and it helps to move things around and change the scenery from time to time

My puffer used to be more active when young. Now that he is bigger, he usually lays in one area of the tank all day long. He might surf the glass for snails. I throw in a crayfish every once in a while and his activity level does increase. This is normal for the puffer to sit and try to blend into the surrounding. When my puff go into hunting mode, then his true hunting strips (very colorful) brightens up the whole tank.

lost him this morning as well as my kole tang due to high salinity.

My puffer used to be more active when young. Now that he is bigger, he usually lays in one area of the tank all day long. He might surf the glass for snails. I throw in a crayfish every once in a while and his activity level does increase. This is normal for the puffer to sit and try to blend into the surrounding. When my puff go into hunting mode, then his true hunting strips (very colorful) brightens up the whole tank.

I wonder if I should put
Some love feeder shrimp in for my puffer? And maybe my sweetlips

Is that Sweetlips eating yet? Have heard that they are extremely difficult (expert-only) and that getting them to eat is tough.

Is that Sweetlips eating yet? Have heard that they are extremely difficult (expert-only) and that getting them to eat is tough.

He's eating good. He started picking of the bottom of the tank about an hours after I put him in there. I was really excited about it, especially with all the stuff I have read about getting them to eat. I'm happy. He is a great fish. Adds a lot of movement to the tank. I also added a large conch which is pretty cool. Bit the sweetlips was an amazing valentines day gift from my wife.

Back
Top Bottom