Cloudy Green Water Help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dskidmore said:
Room isn't really bright, but I get very dim dots of red light through the two blankets. Add a third?

Add a third and maybe a fourth. Just make sure it is completely black under there. You don't want to do a blackout for nothing. I also tied a rope around the bottom to hold the blankets up to the sides of the stand.

current516 said:
dskidmore said:
Room isn't really bright, but I get very dim dots of red light through the two blankets. Add a third?

Add a third and maybe a fourth. Just make sure it is completely black under there. You don't want to do a blackout for nothing. I also tied a rope around the bottom to hold the blankets up to the sides of the stand.
Third blanket seems to have done the trick. Hopefully I don't have too much leakage around the side. We'll find out in a couple days.

kaz said:
would a ub sterilizer help?
I personally like to stay low tech, but a UV filter or a diatom filter could help. UV doesn't hurt algae as much as it does bacteria/viruses/parasites though, plants are generally resistant.

Back
Top Bottom