Cloudy tank - 120 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shortysteve23

Aquarium Advice Activist
Cloudy tank after a few days
120 gallon
Fluval 405
Seaclone skimmer
About 75 lbs of lr
Should I do water change? I ordered another canister should be in Tuesday should I set that up and wait and see how it looks? Help pls

If your tank is still cycling i would pass on the wc and give it a few days. Also if it is cycling you should turn the skimmer off. If it is cycled I would say do the change and check skimmer adjustment. I have the same skimmer and It needs alot of adjusting.is there any fish in it yet?

Yes four clown two damsels and yellow goby and half black angel fish

It had cycled before but my fish had ich before and they started dying off so I did about 50% water changed to save my last few fish and it may have offset the chemistry

The water change probably didn't mess with anything but the ph and lower your nitrates so that should of caused any issues. Is the whole tank cloudy or just the surface water? Is the water coming out of the filter exhaust clear or clearer than your tank water?

Whole tank and I just changed my filter carbon the other to help clear the water I thought

Well everything seems in order. I would just check the skimmer and give it a few days the fish won't be hurt by the cloudy water

No they are swimming fine but it just doesn't look to good kinda like some went bathroom in my tank one of my clowns seems to be a little stressed

Back
Top Bottom