Cloudy tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heathercook

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I am so frustrated I am about to get rid of my 30 gallon freshwater tank. Please help. I have had 3 angelfish for a good three years for the last 3 months or so it is cloudy no matter what I do. I have had water checked I have changed water cleaned and changed filters in that water I have used acclear I have used prime. Everything the fish store says nothing helps. Please someone

What kind of filter do you have?... cartridge type? When you had your water checked, did they tell you the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels? If you've changed filters, it could be a bacterial bloom, as your BB builds back up

It has been several months like this. No they just said my water was fine

Getting an API master test kit would be a good idea, so you'll know your parameters. When you said you changed filters, was it the whole filter or just cartridges? The more info you give on anything that you might have changed those past 3 months, the better chance someone might be able to figure it out

Well, if it's a 'fog' type of cloudy, then it's most likely a bacteria bloom caused by changing out the cartridges... if it's particulate cloudy, then better filter polishing should work.

When you cleaned your filter, did you use tap water, or tank water? Also, what filter do you use? It might have lost its efficiency.

I understand you've had this tank fine for the past 3 years... and you're probably not doing anything different now than you have been... so I'm just throwing out thoughts, since I don't know the details of your tank

Back
Top Bottom