Cloudy water for 2 weeks, Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MerakiaDrz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'am clueless of what to do with my fish tank, it's been already 2 weeks and cloudy water hasn't cleared up. I accidentally misread my tank levels and started my aquarium, I had it running for a week before I introduced my Oranda. Every 4 days I am making a 25% water change (I also vacuum the gravel to clear up any waste) and it clears a bit only to be cloudy again the next day. My oranda seems to be doing "fine" she's eating normally (I give her less food to avoid ammonia) but I noticed some red strikes on her tail which could be caused by the ammonia :( . One think I noticed while adding the ammonia remover was that my p.h dropped from 6.5 to 6.2

Nitrate: 10
Nitrite: 0
Total hardness: 0
Total Chlorine: 0
Alkalinity: 0
P.H: 6.2
Ammonia: 1.0

Attached are the products I'am using for my tank with every water change. Any thoughts? Should I leave the tank so it continues its natural cycle?

Attachments

• 135569996_10158795590740729_6460027129190427862_o.jpg
    135569996_10158795590740729_6460027129190427862_o.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 135786009_10158795590595729_2865818645698139650_o.jpg
    135786009_10158795590595729_2865818645698139650_o.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 28
It's still cycling. Takes awhile. Keep on with the water changes as necessary to keep your water parameters good, and when it's fully cycled it'll clear up. It's most likely a bacterial bloom due to not being cycled. It'll die off when done. Don't add any more clarifier, it won't help

The ammonia remover, if it actually even works, may slow down the process. Water changes are the best bet to keep parameters in check

Thanks a lot! will keep doing water changes, ammonia dropped to .5 this morning, but I also noticed this bubbles, not sure if they're building up due to the oxygen stick I added or part of the products I'am using for the tank.

I'am clueless of what to do with my fish tank, it's been already 2 weeks and cloudy water hasn't cleared up. I accidentally misread my tank levels and started my aquarium, I had it running for a week before I introduced my Oranda. Every 4 days I am making a 25% water change (I also vacuum the gravel to clear up any waste) and it clears a bit only to be cloudy again the next day. My oranda seems to be doing "fine" she's eating normally (I give her less food to avoid ammonia) but I noticed some red strikes on her tail which could be caused by the ammonia :( . One think I noticed while adding the ammonia remover was that my p.h dropped from 6.5 to 6.2

Nitrate: 10
Nitrite: 0
Total hardness: 0
Total Chlorine: 0
Alkalinity: 0
P.H: 6.2
Ammonia: 1.0

Attached are the products I'am using for my tank with every water change. Any thoughts? Should I leave the tank so it continues its natural cycle?

Sorry for the dumb question, but how did you get that black thermometer to stick to the glass? I can't seem to do it - it just floats away!

Also try limiting your light use in the tank. Bacterial blooms can often occur in uncycled tank if you are runnning the aquarium lights a lot.

My black thermometer is sticked to the glass outside, actually I can't take it off haha it's been there for 5+ years with its original glue

Thanks! I only use the light while feeding her at night, otherwise is turned off. But, there's a lot of natural light coming out from the window on the front, it's not direct sunlight but the room is quite illuminated, should I place the tank somewhere darker?

Thanks! I only use the light while feeding her at night, otherwise is turned off. But, there's a lot of natural light coming out from the window on the front, it's not direct sunlight but the room is quite illuminated, should I place the tank somewhere darker?

Just curious, what is that goldfish called? A friend of mine who got me started on the aquarium has the same fish but a smaller size in a 3 gallon. Last month he upgraded to a 5 gallon. He has that fish for almost 2 years now and is afraid to add more in the tank in fears of killing the fish.

Just curious, what is that goldfish called? A friend of mine who got me started on the aquarium has the same fish but a smaller size in a 3 gallon. Last month he upgraded to a 5 gallon. He has that fish for almost 2 years now and is afraid to add more in the tank in fears of killing the fish.

It's an oranda goldfish :fish2: I just bought her and she's quite big, I currently have her on a 20 gal aquarium but I might upgrade to 30 gal later on so that there's more space. Goldfish need at least 20 gal per fish cause they tend to grow big and make a lot of waste.

Back
Top Bottom